Today could be the day that one or more Supreme Court Justice announces his or her retirement. Speculation about whether this will, in fact, be that day is reaching a fever pitch in Washington, as is speculation about the identity of President Bush’s nominee in the event of a vacancy. Jan Crawford Greenberg of the Chicago Tribune speculates that the two finalists are Michael Luttig and John Roberts. That’s great news, if true. In any case, Greenberg’s portrait of the two — close friends for many years — is worth reading.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- The Week in Pictures: Narrative Riot Edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- Scandal management with the FBI
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell