In her brilliant June 7 Wall Street Journal column, Debra Burlingame played the role of Paul Revere in alerting us to “The Great Ground Zero Heist.” The heist to which she referred was that of the International Freedom Center planned for Ground Zero; she is is a member of the board of directors of the World Trade Center Memorial Foundation and the sister of Charles F. “Chic” Burlingame III, pilot of American Airlines fight 77, which was crashed at the Pentagon on September 11, 2001. This afternoon Debra appeared on the opening segment of the MSNBC Connected Coast to Coast show with Ron Reagan and Monica Crowley. She was exceedingly eloquent and restrained. I had the difficult task of following Debra on the show together with Bill Scher of Liberal Oasis.
Several sites have posted the video of the two segments regarding the International Freedom Center. Robert Shurbet of the Take Back the Memorial site has posted the video here (both segments), Ian Schwartz of The Political Teen has posted the video here (Debra) and here (me), and Mark Williams of Dem Bloggers has posted the video here (second segment only). Message: Take back the memorial.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell