It was of course the humiliation of the United States in the Iranian hostage crisis that provided the backdrop for the dissolution of the presidency of Jimmy Carter and the rise of Ronald Reagan. The mad mullahs of Tehran have just stuck another finger in the eye of the civilized world in general and the United States in particular: “Iran leader linked to embassy crisis.” What now?
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell