Prosecutors investigating the Plame Affair obtained through the White House an email from Karl Rove to White House intelligence official Stephen Hadley in which Rove recounted his conversation with Matt Cooper. According to this AP report that appears in the Washington Times, Rove’s email, about which he was questioned before the grand jury, describes his conversation with Cooper in a way that is consistent with what we have already heard: Cooper called Rove and talked about welfare reform; he then started questioning Rove about whether the Niger story was huring the administration; whereupon Rove (refusing to “take the bait”) suggested that Cooper would be well advised not to get Time too far out in front on the story. Rove’s email to Hadley apparently does not mention Plame.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell