I’ve always like the Sun newspaper, and not only for its Page 3 girls. I wish more of our papers had the Sun’s clarity and spirit:
Tonight, the Sun reports on the capture in Africa of Haroon Rashid Aswat, who is believed to be the principal planner of the July 7 bombings in London. The Sun notes that American authorities have accused Aswat of setting up an al Qaeda training camp in Oregon in 1999. We reportedly wanted to arrest Aswat, but were denied permission by British authorities because he is a British citizen.
UPDATE: The Washington Times has an interesting account of the London arrest that is pictured above.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Cultural Differences, Assimilation and Immigration Policy
- Holder DOJ expert witness: blacks are dumber and less civic-minded than whites
- The Blame America First Liberals Are Back
- Fusion at Last? Not So Fast
- The Democrats Go Back to Their Racist Roots [Updated]
- Deperate Dems "not ready to accept defeat"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell