I’ve always like the Sun newspaper, and not only for its Page 3 girls. I wish more of our papers had the Sun’s clarity and spirit:
Tonight, the Sun reports on the capture in Africa of Haroon Rashid Aswat, who is believed to be the principal planner of the July 7 bombings in London. The Sun notes that American authorities have accused Aswat of setting up an al Qaeda training camp in Oregon in 1999. We reportedly wanted to arrest Aswat, but were denied permission by British authorities because he is a British citizen.
UPDATE: The Washington Times has an interesting account of the London arrest that is pictured above.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell