The cover story of the new issue of the Weekly Standard is by Richard Frank, the author of an important popular history of the end of the Pacific War, among other works. On tbe occasion of the sixtieth anniversary of the end of the war in the Pacific, Frank retells the story with the compelling updates necessary to understand why we dropped the bomb: “Why Truman dropped the bomb.”
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell