The cover story of the new issue of the Weekly Standard is by Richard Frank, the author of an important popular history of the end of the Pacific War, among other works. On tbe occasion of the sixtieth anniversary of the end of the war in the Pacific, Frank retells the story with the compelling updates necessary to understand why we dropped the bomb: “Why Truman dropped the bomb.”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell