The new biography of Jimi Hendrix reveals that he joined the Army to avoid prison, and that he escaped the Army by falsely confessing homosexuality to an Army psychiatrist: “How Jimi queered Army’s pitch.” On the plus side, according to the biography: “Contrary to his later image, Hendrix was an avowed anti-communist who showed little unease about the escalating US role in Vietnam.”
UPDATE; Thanks to the readers who wrote in; I fixed the link.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- Who's The Warmest of Them All?
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell