The new biography of Jimi Hendrix reveals that he joined the Army to avoid prison, and that he escaped the Army by falsely confessing homosexuality to an Army psychiatrist: “How Jimi queered Army’s pitch.” On the plus side, according to the biography: “Contrary to his later image, Hendrix was an avowed anti-communist who showed little unease about the escalating US role in Vietnam.”
UPDATE; Thanks to the readers who wrote in; I fixed the link.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell