The Associated Press reports on the exhumation of Israelis who were buried in the Gaza strip, and their reburial on the Mount of Olives and elsewhere. This is one of those doughnut stories, with a big hole right in the middle. On the AP’s telling, the transfer of Israeli dead out of Gaza becomes a story about Jewish burial customs. Completely absent is any reference to the reason why Jewish bodies had to be removed before the Palestinians occupied the settlements: the knowledge that the Palestinians would desecrate Jewish graves, as they did on the Mount of Olives and elsewhere where they had the opportunity.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell