The Associated Press reports on the exhumation of Israelis who were buried in the Gaza strip, and their reburial on the Mount of Olives and elsewhere. This is one of those doughnut stories, with a big hole right in the middle. On the AP’s telling, the transfer of Israeli dead out of Gaza becomes a story about Jewish burial customs. Completely absent is any reference to the reason why Jewish bodies had to be removed before the Palestinians occupied the settlements: the knowledge that the Palestinians would desecrate Jewish graves, as they did on the Mount of Olives and elsewhere where they had the opportunity.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell