ABC News has released a poll which suggests that, while 75% of respondents have heard of Cindy Sheehan, and about half “support” what she is doing, her media spectacle has changed few, if any, minds. Nine percent say her protest has made them more likely to oppose the war, but a slightly greater number, ten percent, say it has had the opposite effect: they are more likely to support the war. The vast majority–79 percent–say she has had no impact on their views.
DEACON adds: It can’t be the case that Cindy Sheehan is affecting the views of 19 percent of the people, can it? Many of the folks who claim to have been influenced must be saying so as a way of expressing pre-existing support of, or opposition to, the war.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell