ABC News has released a poll which suggests that, while 75% of respondents have heard of Cindy Sheehan, and about half “support” what she is doing, her media spectacle has changed few, if any, minds. Nine percent say her protest has made them more likely to oppose the war, but a slightly greater number, ten percent, say it has had the opposite effect: they are more likely to support the war. The vast majority–79 percent–say she has had no impact on their views.
DEACON adds: It can’t be the case that Cindy Sheehan is affecting the views of 19 percent of the people, can it? Many of the folks who claim to have been influenced must be saying so as a way of expressing pre-existing support of, or opposition to, the war.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Dishonest CIA Director Rips Trump; Trump Should Rip Him Back [Updated]
- Rip Van Reporter
- Reporters Beg Martin Luther King III to Denounce Trump [Updated]
- Power Line's Inauguration Liberal Beclowning Contest
- "Never Trump" Republicans whine that Trump may say "never them"
- 300 US Jewish leaders are with you
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell