Between being down much of the day and having nothing original to add to the excellent coverage being done elsewhere, we haven’t talked about Hurricane Katrina today. The Associated Press has the latest, including reports of widespread looting in New Orleans. The Times-Picayune’s breaking news feed is here. (Via Hugh Hewitt.) This photo is one of many that show the hurricane’s power:
The scale of the disaster in Mississippi and Louisiana is unimaginable here in the Midwest. It’s not a very edifying response, I know, but I can’t help being grateful for living in a part of the world where natural phenomena may be inconvenient, but are almost never deadly.
UPDATE: Looters in New Orleans:
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell