Between being down much of the day and having nothing original to add to the excellent coverage being done elsewhere, we haven’t talked about Hurricane Katrina today. The Associated Press has the latest, including reports of widespread looting in New Orleans. The Times-Picayune’s breaking news feed is here. (Via Hugh Hewitt.) This photo is one of many that show the hurricane’s power:
The scale of the disaster in Mississippi and Louisiana is unimaginable here in the Midwest. It’s not a very edifying response, I know, but I can’t help being grateful for living in a part of the world where natural phenomena may be inconvenient, but are almost never deadly.
UPDATE: Looters in New Orleans:
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell