Last month I wrote that, in Cindy Sheehan, the left has “a new horse to ride for a while.” That “while” may be drawing to a close. Bill Sammon in the Washington Times reports that “powerful liberal advocacy groups such as MoveOn.org are taking a less active role in Cindy Sheehan’s anti-war activities.” Sammon’s piece suggests that it is Sheehan’s camp that is moving away from MoveOn.org in order to appear more “grass-roots.” The truth, I suspect, is that with Sheehan fading badly neither the horse nor the rider has much use for the other. As to which is the greater embarrassment, that race is neck-and-neck.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill