The only truly informative observations that I have read on the indictment of Tom DeLay are here in Michelle Malkin’s characteristically exhaustive post. Only a fool would view a criminal indictment as anything less than a serious matter, but Ronnie Earle’s track record and the observations collected in Michelle’s post provide ground to believe that the indictment is a beanball of the Texas hardball variety that Earle previously aimed at Kay Bailey Hutchison.
On the other hand, our friend Ed Morrissey provides a superb overview of a scandal that has taken place under the nose of Senator Chuck Schumer: “The man in the mirror.” It is a scandal that involves criminal misconduct of a kind that Senator Schumer himself usually luxuriates in denouncing. Yet Senator Schumer has reacted with a strange new silence, and the MSM, most prominently including the New York Times, have treated the scandal with a silence that is described in the cliche as deafening.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Man of the Year Edition
- Branstad as Ambassador to China: More Interesting Than It Looks
- With Ellison inside the Nation of Islam
- Obama to probe alleged Russian election meddling; Senate might too
- Microsoft Goes Left
- Linda McMahon to head the Small Business Administration [With Comment by John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell