The Senate has confirmed John Roberts as Chief Justice of the United States. The vote was 78-22. The Democrats divided evenly 22-22, with “Independent” James Jeffords voting in favor of Judge Roberts.
The willingness of half the Senate Democrats to vote against a candidate of Judge Roberts’s ability, accomplishment, and temperament is a disgrace, and one that will likely change the “rules of engagement” with respect to the Supreme Court confirmation process for years to come.
Via Power Line News
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The meaning of "Australia" [Updated With Chart: How Successful Was Australia?]
- Best Academic Abstract Ever [With Comments By John and Paul]
- Modest Proposals On Gun Violence
- Hide the women and children, the Supreme Court is back in session
- The Washington Nationals' horribly disappointing season, what went wrong?
- The Klobuchar kludge, cont'd
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell