Victor Davis Hanson is the classical military historian who, since 9/11, has brought his learning to bear on the war in which we are now engaged. His weekly column at NRO immediately became a must-read and continues so today. This past Tuesday his important new account of the Pelopennesian War was published. The book is A War Like No Other. It is clearly one of the books of the year. Today’s New York Times carries an enthusiastic review by William Grimes: “The brutal war that broke a democratic superpower.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- A Police-Involved Shooting In Omaha
- More evidence that the criminal justice system is too lenient
- Obama expounds the limits of Iran's anti-Semitism
- Is Hillary's Candidacy Just Another Business Deal?
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell