An al Qaeda spokesman has alleged that Zawahiri’s letter to Zarqawi, which was recently captured in Iraq, is a fake. It’s easy to see why they don’t want to stand behind Zawahiri’s exposition of al Qaeda’s strategy; see our post here. It will be interesting to see whether American liberals, embarrassed by the contents of Zawahiri’s correspondence, will join with al Qaeda in claiming that the U.S. military faked the letter.
Via Power Line News.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell