An al Qaeda spokesman has alleged that Zawahiri’s letter to Zarqawi, which was recently captured in Iraq, is a fake. It’s easy to see why they don’t want to stand behind Zawahiri’s exposition of al Qaeda’s strategy; see our post here. It will be interesting to see whether American liberals, embarrassed by the contents of Zawahiri’s correspondence, will join with al Qaeda in claiming that the U.S. military faked the letter.
Via Power Line News.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell