An al Qaeda spokesman has alleged that Zawahiri’s letter to Zarqawi, which was recently captured in Iraq, is a fake. It’s easy to see why they don’t want to stand behind Zawahiri’s exposition of al Qaeda’s strategy; see our post here. It will be interesting to see whether American liberals, embarrassed by the contents of Zawahiri’s correspondence, will join with al Qaeda in claiming that the U.S. military faked the letter.
Via Power Line News.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell