In his Los Angeles Times column last week Professor David Gelernter had a history lesson for Barbara Boxer. As the Democrats get ready to party like it’s 1974, Professor Gelernter has another history lesson for them: “Americans won’t let Democrats lose Iraq.” I’m sure that Professor Gelernter has the history right; I’m not as confident in his prediction, but I trust his judgment.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- What the NFL Can Teach Washington About Social Policy
- The Economy in Pictures
- Glenn Kessler illustrates why moderators shouldn't "fact check"
- The National Anthem: a tale of two football teams
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell