Thanks to Mark Arnold and many, many other readers who wrote to correct my description of the politician who left shoeboxes full of cash behind after his death. Contrary to my description of the politician as a Chicago alderman, our readers reminded me, it was in fact the late Illinois Secretary of State Paul Powell. Mr. Powell left behind shoeboxes filled with $800,000 in the hotel room that was his home when he died. The subtitle of the linked biography of Powell is “A Lifelong Democrat.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Hillary, "to be honest"
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- More Comedy from the Times
- The social science behind Ted Cruz's notice of "voter violation"
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell