Last night we noted the Sunday London Times article on the Olympic mosque proposed for the 2012 Olympic games complex. The story reported that the mosque is to be the new UK headquarters of Tablighi Jamaat, a worldwide Islamic missionary group. A reader has directed us to this enlightening article by Alex Alexiev on Tablighi Jamaat from the January 2005 issue of Middle East Quarterly: “Tablighi Jamaat: Jihad’s Stealthy Legions.” According to the article, “Tablighi Jamaat has long been directly involved in the sponsorship of terrorist groups.” Is anyone paying attention?
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell