Last night we noted the Sunday London Times article on the Olympic mosque proposed for the 2012 Olympic games complex. The story reported that the mosque is to be the new UK headquarters of Tablighi Jamaat, a worldwide Islamic missionary group. A reader has directed us to this enlightening article by Alex Alexiev on Tablighi Jamaat from the January 2005 issue of Middle East Quarterly: “Tablighi Jamaat: Jihad’s Stealthy Legions.” According to the article, “Tablighi Jamaat has long been directly involved in the sponsorship of terrorist groups.” Is anyone paying attention?
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell