Last night we noted the Sunday London Times article on the Olympic mosque proposed for the 2012 Olympic games complex. The story reported that the mosque is to be the new UK headquarters of Tablighi Jamaat, a worldwide Islamic missionary group. A reader has directed us to this enlightening article by Alex Alexiev on Tablighi Jamaat from the January 2005 issue of Middle East Quarterly: “Tablighi Jamaat: Jihad’s Stealthy Legions.” According to the article, “Tablighi Jamaat has long been directly involved in the sponsorship of terrorist groups.” Is anyone paying attention?
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell