Columnist Amity Shlaes — author of The Greedy Hand, formerly of the Wall Street Journal editorial board and the Financial Times — has emerged as a linkable columnist for Bloomberg News. Her current column on the Enron debacle is a good one. She recalls Sam Insull, Enron, what Enron did to the culture of accounting, the wiring of Chicago and how we are reminded of this again from the trial of Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling. As is her custom, Amity draws on economic history to illuminate current events.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell