Columnist Amity Shlaes — author of The Greedy Hand, formerly of the Wall Street Journal editorial board and the Financial Times — has emerged as a linkable columnist for Bloomberg News. Her current column on the Enron debacle is a good one. She recalls Sam Insull, Enron, what Enron did to the culture of accounting, the wiring of Chicago and how we are reminded of this again from the trial of Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling. As is her custom, Amity draws on economic history to illuminate current events.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell