Stephen Spruiell quotes Bill Bennett on “CNN’s double standard.” The full transcript of Bennett debating the cartoon intifada with James Zogby on CNN’s Situation Room is available here. Bennett: “I promise you, they have won. They have silenced — these — these mobs have silenced the mainstream media, who are afraid of the mob.”
Of the giving of offense, there is no end. The caving in of the American media to the howling mob has consequences, as Churchill said in another, not entirely unrelated context, “which will travel far with us along our road.”
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell