Last year’s assault on the nomination of John Bolton as U.S. ambassador to the U.N. looks even more frivolous now than it did at the time. Earlier this week, Senator George Voinovich, the poster boy for non-leftists who considered Bolton the poster boy for everything a diplomat shoudn’t be, praised Bolton’s work at the U.N. Now, Bolton has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for his major role in exposing Iran’s secret plans to develop nuclear weapons.
Elements of the MSM acted as cheerleaders for the anti-Bolton mugging. Don’t expect the MSM to have much to say about Senator Voinovich’s latest comments or the Nobel nomination.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell