and after Michael Owen, Joe Cole was the golden teenager of English football. Unlike Owen and Rooney, it took Cole a while to break through, but he’s kicking down the door at the World Cup. Playing in a midfield with three world class stars — Lampard, Gerrard, and Beckham — the 24 year-old Cole has been the pick of the group, and indeed the pick of the English squad. His man-of-match performance in yesterday’s 2-2 draw against Sweden included a goal and an assist. The goal was a wonder-strike, easily the best I’ve seen in the tournament.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- The Week in Pictures: Narrative Riot Edition
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- Slain Charlotte man had lengthy criminal record
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell