Wayne Curry, who was Prince Georges Country Executive from 1994-2002, has endorsed Michael Steele for the U.S. Senate. Curry is a Democrat and an African-American. Prince Georges County, located just outside of Washington D.C. and containing a large middle class African-American community, has been the key to Steele’s election strategy, since it offered him the possibility of winning over many normally Democratic voters who (a) are unhappy (as Curry obviously is) with what they perceive as the Democrats’ neglect of African-Americans and/or (b) favor a local guy (Steele) over a Baltimore guy (Cardin). Five African-American members of the Prince Georges County Council joined Curry in endorsing Steele.
No less an authority than the Washington Post stated (on September 8 of this year), “The support of Curry, the county’s first black executive and a wealthy lawyer, is seen as critical because Curry remains a powerful voice for many residents who see him as a symbol of the county’s rising affluence and education level.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- Slain Charlotte man had lengthy criminal record
- There's something about Hillary's health
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell