Ken Mehlman adds another poll to the mounting good news for Republicans: the Democracy Corps poll, a Democratic outfit, finds the Dems with only a four-point edge on the generic preference ballot, 49%-45%, with the Republicans closing fast. Generic polls are, of course, of limited importance, but together with other data the evidence of Republican resurgence seems clear.
By the way, one point we’ve made before, but not recently, is that the campaign process itself naturally tends to help Republicans. Outside of campaign season, the public learns about Republicans almost entirely through newspapers and televison, which are controlled by Democrats. Only during campaigns do Republican politicians get to speak for themselves. It’s not surprising that the more voters see Republicans as they are, not filtered through a Democratic prism, the more voters tend to like them.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell