A stampede toward defeat is in progress in the mainsream media and much of the political class. It was on display last night, when CBS correspondent Lara Logan interviewed General John Abizaid on 60 Minutes. The whole interview was interesting; you can read about it here. This was the climactic moment, when Ms. Logan suggested that the task in Iraq is “how to manage the defeat”:
Defeat: it’s getting so close, they can almost taste it.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Trump's Gettysburg Address? He's Off-Message!
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- Clues to a Mystery [Updated With a Third]
- The Russian connection (?)
- Philippine tilt towards China is latest fruit of Obama's foreign policy
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell