It looks like Nancy Pelosi has made the sound decision not to have Rep. Alcee Hastings chair the House intelligence committee. Hastings, of course, was impeached and then removed from a federal judgeship in 1989 based on allegations that he had solicited bribes, so Pelosi’s decision should have been a no-brainer.
Pelosi reportedly is still resolved to deny the chair to her adversary Rep. Jane Harman, who was in line for the position and (for a Democrat) would not have been a bad choice. So Pelosi still has an interesting decision to make.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Man of the Year Edition
- Branstad as Ambassador to China: More Interesting Than It Looks
- With Ellison inside the Nation of Islam
- Obama to probe alleged Russian election meddling; Senate might too
- Microsoft Goes Left
- Linda McMahon to head the Small Business Administration [With Comment by John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell