It looks like Nancy Pelosi has made the sound decision not to have Rep. Alcee Hastings chair the House intelligence committee. Hastings, of course, was impeached and then removed from a federal judgeship in 1989 based on allegations that he had solicited bribes, so Pelosi’s decision should have been a no-brainer.
Pelosi reportedly is still resolved to deny the chair to her adversary Rep. Jane Harman, who was in line for the position and (for a Democrat) would not have been a bad choice. So Pelosi still has an interesting decision to make.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell