Winston Churchill was born 132 years ago today. Blog of the Week Gay Patriot has an appreciation.
Which reminds me that I must have missed the Claremont Institute’s annual Churchill Dinner this year. Probably because I wasn’t invited…
Our situation is a little different from the one Churchill faced in the 1930s. Rather than being a voice in the wilderness, our Churchill is actually President. But taking a firm stand against the great evil of our time has made President Bush as unpopular as Churchill was before Munich. And who knows? Bush may yet preside over a Munich of his own. But I doubt it.
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell