Diana West labels 2006 “the year of speaking dangerously.” She’s referring to the global assault against those who criticize “the religion of peace.”
Now, in light of that assault, Diana fears that 2007 will be “the year of shutting up.” After all, “why speak dangerously when you can simply not speak at all?” In fact, she suggests that the year of shutting up began a few months ago when Pope Benedict backed down under pressure from his argument that the practice of forced conversion
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell