The Washington Wizards won for the 13th time in their last 16 outings, defeating Orlando 112-111. This is the 13th straight game in which the Wiz have scored more than 100. Gilbert Arenas had 36, his average since the team’s hot streak began. He’s almost made me forget Earl “the Pearl” Monroe.
The win moved Washington into first place in the NBA Southeast. It’s the first time in 28 years that the franchise has been in first after Christmas.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell