In November, the people of Michigan amended the state constitution to prohibit discrimination or preferential treatment on the basis of race or gender in the operation of public employment, publlc education, and public contracting within the state. The effective date was to be December 23, 2006. However, shortly before that date a federal district court issued an injunction preventing the amendment from going into effect with respect to Michigan’s state universities until July 1, 2007.
Now the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals has reversed the district court’s ruling and lifted the injunction. As a result, the state
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell