The Washington Post reports that one member of the 14-person group assembled to witness the execution of Saddam Hussein shouted “Moqtada, Moqtada, Moqtada” (referring, of course, to the radical anti-American Shiite Moqtada al-Sadr) in the moments before the former dictator was put to death. Saddam reportedly smiled and said sarcastically, “Moqtada?” The gathering reportedly was an “invitation only” affair consisting of the justice minister, top security officals, members of parliament, and top advisers of Prime Minister Maliki.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell