The Washington Post reports that one member of the 14-person group assembled to witness the execution of Saddam Hussein shouted “Moqtada, Moqtada, Moqtada” (referring, of course, to the radical anti-American Shiite Moqtada al-Sadr) in the moments before the former dictator was put to death. Saddam reportedly smiled and said sarcastically, “Moqtada?” The gathering reportedly was an “invitation only” affair consisting of the justice minister, top security officals, members of parliament, and top advisers of Prime Minister Maliki.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell