There might have been a time when war correspondents (some of them, anyway) were people like Michael Yon. If there was such a time, it is past. If you want reporting from Iraq that gives you a sense not only of what is happening but of what it’s like, you pretty much have to turn to alternative media.
Which is a long way of saying, don’t miss Yon’s latest report from Mosul. I won’t try to excerpt or summarize; read it all.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Man of the Year Edition
- Branstad as Ambassador to China: More Interesting Than It Looks
- With Ellison inside the Nation of Islam
- Obama to probe alleged Russian election meddling; Senate might too
- Linda McMahon to head the Small Business Administration [With Comment by John]
- Microsoft Goes Left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell