There might have been a time when war correspondents (some of them, anyway) were people like Michael Yon. If there was such a time, it is past. If you want reporting from Iraq that gives you a sense not only of what is happening but of what it’s like, you pretty much have to turn to alternative media.
Which is a long way of saying, don’t miss Yon’s latest report from Mosul. I won’t try to excerpt or summarize; read it all.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Slain Charlotte man had lengthy criminal record
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Hillary: The Third World Has a "Right" to Move to the United States
- There's something about Hillary's eyes
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- "Basket of deplorables," David Brock edition
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell