Sky News reports that a total of nine British Muslims have now been arrested in a plot to kidnap a British soldier who is a Muslim and has fought in Afghanistgan, and “post a video of the hostage being tortured and killed on the internet.”
The suspects are said to be of “Pakistani origin.” A police spokesman who gave a press interview a little while ago said, “We are in the foothills of a very major investigation.”
Sky News says that the suspects have been under investigation for approximately six months, and that the authorities acted because the kidnap plot was believed to be “coming to fruition.”
To comment on this story, go here.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell