Attorney General Alberto Gonzales told reporters today that, in response to demands from the Senate Judiciary Committee, the Justice Department is turning over documents that include orders that have been issued by the FISA court, and applications for such orders by investigators. This relates to the NSA’s “domestic”–i.e., international–terrorist surveillance program.
With the documents apparently going to Senators Leahy and Specter, as well as to both lawmakers and staffers on the House and Senate intelligence committees, what’s the over/under on how long it will be until selective details of the FISA court’s oversight of the NSA program are leaked to the Washington Post?
Via Power Line News.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Insane Left Hits Rock Bottom
- At the White House with Trump
- Judge blocks Trump's order on sanctuary cities
- Times Editorial Board Accuses Justice Gorsuch of Murder [with comment by Paul]
- 75 year-old vet acquitted of placing American flag at VA facility
- Former Official: Obama Administration Misled on Climate Change
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell