Attorney General Alberto Gonzales told reporters today that, in response to demands from the Senate Judiciary Committee, the Justice Department is turning over documents that include orders that have been issued by the FISA court, and applications for such orders by investigators. This relates to the NSA’s “domestic”–i.e., international–terrorist surveillance program.
With the documents apparently going to Senators Leahy and Specter, as well as to both lawmakers and staffers on the House and Senate intelligence committees, what’s the over/under on how long it will be until selective details of the FISA court’s oversight of the NSA program are leaked to the Washington Post?
Via Power Line News.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- Is Hillary's Glass Jaw Starting to Crack Already?
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Delusional White House Calls ISIS Strategy "A Success"
- Paging Dr. Emily Litella: Another Science Fraud Exposed
- This Week's Energy Unicorn
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell