You have to admire the way Rudy Giuliani handles himself. The latest evidence is this interview with Hugh Hewitt. It’s all there — the willingness to laugh at himself, the eagerness to share credit and throw in the kind word, the recognition of human imperfection, the respect for the views of others, and the ability (enhanced by all of the above) to talk up his accomplishments and leadership skills without appearing unduly immodest.
JOHN adds: I heard part of Hugh’s interview while driving home tonight. Rudy is indeed very, very good. I was listening while he described how he helped crush the Mafia in the 1980s. I wonder how many voters know that story; not many, I’d guess. People who wonder how Giuliani can appeal to conservatives haven’t seen him in action.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Politically Incorrect Ad of the Year (Updated)
- Mosby's Meltdown
- Trump, Russia and the DNC Emails: The Real Story
- The New York Times: Two conflicting editorials, one cynical motive
- Mid-Week in Pictures: Special DNC Edition
- Bill Clinton leaves us wondering how he could have been such a louse to Hillary
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell