You have to admire the way Rudy Giuliani handles himself. The latest evidence is this interview with Hugh Hewitt. It’s all there — the willingness to laugh at himself, the eagerness to share credit and throw in the kind word, the recognition of human imperfection, the respect for the views of others, and the ability (enhanced by all of the above) to talk up his accomplishments and leadership skills without appearing unduly immodest.
JOHN adds: I heard part of Hugh’s interview while driving home tonight. Rudy is indeed very, very good. I was listening while he described how he helped crush the Mafia in the 1980s. I wonder how many voters know that story; not many, I’d guess. People who wonder how Giuliani can appeal to conservatives haven’t seen him in action.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- What the NFL Can Teach Washington About Social Policy
- The Economy in Pictures
- Glenn Kessler illustrates why moderators shouldn't "fact check"
- The National Anthem: a tale of two football teams
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell