I’m in New York to attend the Cooper Union event with former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich and former New York Governor Mario Cuomo tomorrow night at 6:30 p.m. (Eastern). Speaker Gingrich and Governor Cuomo will discuss what they believe to be the leading issues of the 2008 national election. The Cooper Union event can be viewed by webcast here. It perhaps grandiosely seeks to elevate the discourse of the campaign by the power of example. It is my understanding that the presidential candidates of both parties have been invited to follow suit and come to Cooper Union at future dates.
Today is the anniversary of Lincoln’s astonishing Cooper Union speech of February 27, 1860. Tomorrow’s event commemorates Lincoln’s speech. In this morning’s New York Sun Governor Cuomo and Speaker Gingrich provide the historical background and set the stage for tomorrow’s event in “Come to Cooper Union.”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell