The University of Maryland has given Duke a torrid time so far this year on the basketball court, but it was a different story when the two teams met in lacrosse on Friday. Duke won easily, 14-7. Matt Danowski nearly outscored Maryland with six goals and an assist.
Duke, now 3-0, was ranked third in the nation going into the weekend, but with Princeton losing 7-6 in overtime to Johns Hopkins, the Blue Devils should move up to second. We will continue to follow Duke’s quest for the national championship in the aftermath of having last year’s season cancelled due to bogus allegations of sexual misconduct against several players.
Those wishing to help the accused players with their legal fees can do so here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill