I got Hugh Hewitt’s new book, A Mormon in the White House?, in the mail yesterday, and started reading it last night. I was going to wait to review it until I’d actually finished it–my usual practice–but then I realized that Hugh quotes me near the end. So I thought I’d go ahead and plug it now.
I was surprised when Hugh told me last summer that he was working on a book about Mitt Romney. At that time, I knew little about Romney and didn’t take him seriously as a Presidential contender. Since then, I’ve learned a lot more, and have come to be very impressed by him. I haven’t made a choice yet in the ’08 race, but, like a lot of conservatives, when I think about whom I’d like to see as President–as opposed to who I think can win–my thoughts tend to gravitate toward Romney, in part because of his extraordinary business experience.
Whether a candidate like Romney can win, of course, depends on how many people take the trouble to investigate him. So I urge you to read Hugh’s book, not only because I’m sure it’s well-written and fun to read, like all of Hugh’s books, but because I think it’s important that conservatives take a hard and well-informed look at a candidate who now, clearly, is a serious contender for the Republican nomination. Clicking on the graphic below will take you straight to the Amazon page where you can buy the book.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Special Al Franken Edition
- On blue slips, Grassley pulls the trigger
- How Al Franken Sees Himself, and How Others See Him
- Kirsten Gillibrand's intellectual dishonesty [UPDATED]
- Gloria Allred won't allow inspection of yearbook
- It wasn't "the times" that caused feminists to give Bill Clinton a pass
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell