Mark Tapscott marks the fifth anniversary of McCain-Feingold Act with a call for its repeal. Not only does the Act constitute “a frontal assault. . .against the First Amendment’s guarantee of every American’s right to express political opinion without official restraint,” its promises have been unfulfilled. As Mark observes, “The ‘corrupting influence of money in politics’ is as strong as ever and there is no evidence that the law has had one iota of influence on the degree of citizen participation in politics.” For more on the latter point, please see Ryan Sager’s excellent analysis in the New York Sun.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell